Monday, January 12, 2009

My New Look


The very observant amongst us might have noticed that my blog has a new look. I have my good friend and fellow blogger, Vince Hemingson, to thank for this.

Vince was the first (but not the only) to comment that my previous homemade header was more ‘cute’ than ‘sporty’. Vince, who is currently a mature student at Langara College’s Design Program in Vancouver, very generously offered to design a blog header for me. All I had to do was send over some pictures of my ‘sporty’ self. I accepted the offer with the proviso that in the event that I didn’t like his creation and choose not to use it, we would remain friends. He said sure, and went to work (although I later found out that, in one of the best displays of seamless small-scale outsourcing I have ever seen, he farmed the task out to a kid in his class). Luckily for everyone involved, I loved the design creation he sent back, and am beginning to feel like a professional blogger.

Thanks, Vince! I’m glad we can still be friends...

5 comments:

gearsurfer said...

Rachel and Vince, I love the new look! Well done! Makes me want to train on a vegan diet :-)

Rachel Nelson said...

I know someone who might be able to help with that.

Free Spirit Traveler said...

LOVE the new look!! Well done Vince! Rachel, this is one of the BEST sporty pics I've EVER seen of you! Your smile is simply gorgeous! Cheers to you both for re-vamping the site! Feels ( ( ((good)) ) ) !!

Anthony Epp said...

I, too, love the new look... It almost looks like you live in the mountains :).
Cheers and keep it coming!

Free Spirit Traveler said...

Rach! You've inspired me to start eating Hemp Hearts! Bought my first bucket today and I LOVE them! :)