Monday, March 2, 2009

The Difference a Day Makes


March has rolled in with suddenly warmer temperatures, turning the landscape from white to brown overnight. This is disagreeing with me on an aesthetic level, but is otherwise agreeing with me, especially for training.

Since there's no imminent danger of freezing to my saddle, I thought it would be 'fun' to kick the month off with a self-styled riding bootcamp. I've been calling riding my weakest disciple for a while now, so it's time to do something about that. So I borrowed a program from one of Micheal's cycling magazines (the article says that Lance does something similar to kick off his season; if it's good enough for Lance, it's good enough for me) et voila - here's my riding schedule for the next two weeks (and I need to somehow fit swimming and running into this in a way that makes sense):

Day 1 1 hr easy
Day 2 2 hrs easy
Day 3 3 hrs easy
Day 4 OFF

Day 5 2 hrs moderate
Day 6 3 hrs moderate
Day 7 4 hrs moderate
Day 8 OFF

Day 9 2 hrs intervals
Day 10 2 hrs intervals
Day 11 OFF

Day 12 2 hrs moderate
Day 13 3 hrs moderate
Day 14 4 hrs moderate

I just finished the second day, and my bottom hurts. It otherwise feels great.

No comments: