Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Job Done for Me


Right on the heels of my kvetching that I don't know how to convey my new life in France through my blogging endeavors, the job was done for me. My company back home in Vancouver, Metasoft Systems, sent a filmmaker to make a short about me living here while continuing to work for them. It's part of a greater HR initiative to convey the culture of the company through employee testimonials:

Scroll down till you see my shining face and hit play:

http://foundationsearch.com/about/employee_testimonials.asp

They woudn't let me talk about being vegan - something about it not being relevant - but they did let me talk about training for Ironman.

I estimate that this saves me at least five posts.

4 comments:

Vince Hemingson said...

The rest of us love you for being vegan, even if they don't appreciate it at head office....

Rachel Nelson said...

Thanks Uncle Vince; that makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Miss you!

randy g said...

That was a really nice little look into a day in the life of Rachel Nelson and the neighbourhood you live in. One thing though, I did notice you riding your bike without a helmet...tsk, tsk, tsk...bad Rachel :)

Nice apartment!

Rachel Nelson said...

Thanks Randy; and the helmet-less look was just for the sake of the camera Randy, I promise!!