Friday, October 2, 2009

Almost forgot


If anyone would like to follow my progress on Sunday, there should be live ticker coverage here:

http://www.challenge-barcelona.com/acompanantes/inscripcion.php

Be warned: the English section of this website is a little disorganized, so I can't promise that the ticker will appear on this page; you might have to search a bit. As a very, very approximate guideline of when you will be able to track me:

The swim starts at 7.30am CET and I am in the first of eight waves. I estimate, very, very approximately, to be clocking somewhere around the following: swim 1 1/4 hours, bike 7 hours, run 4 hours.

Do I need to say 'approximately' again? Anything can happen on race day; but I want to give followers a rough idea of when to expect to see my live results. I will be truly happy to finish upright and smiling before they start handing out the glow-sticks on the course; if I am faster than any of these approximations, I will be thrilled.

Thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement after my last post and know that I carry them with me on Sunday.

2 comments:

Vince Hemingson said...

Good luck!

Rachel Nelson said...

félicitation !!!! d un petit francais